Homemade Stain Removal For Green Cleaning – Many people are thrilled when they’re able to save money on their household budget. However, there’s one type of frugality that many people tend to avoid – DIY projects. The idea of cleaning products can be a little intimidating, and there are so many different ingredients that it feels like anything you do at home will inevitably fail.
However, with these six homemade stain removal options, you should be able to clean up a mess comfortably and cheaply. And the best part is that these recipes are all easy to make, don’t require too many ingredients, and the ingredients will likely already be in your house. They are also very effective for a variety of stains – from grass stains to coffee spills.
So if you’re tired of throwing money away on cleaning products, try one or all of these homemade stain removers. They can be used to remove stains on clothing and carpet. All the recipes are easy to make and work consistently well in removing common stains.
Homemade Stain Removal For Green Cleaning – Removing Different Types Of Stain
1. To Remove Kool-Aid Stains
Mix equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Add just enough water to make a paste. Apply the paste to the stain, cover with plastic wrap and let it sit for 30 minutes. Wash as usual.
2. To Remove Grass Stains
Mix 1 tablespoon of dishwashing soap, 1 cup of hydrogen peroxide, and 3 tablespoons of table salt together in a bowl. Then, mix up a paste by blending the ingredients with a spoon. Apply the paste directly to the stain using a toothbrush, and allow it to sit until you wash the carpet.
3. For Coffee Stains
Mix 1/2 cup of vodka and 1/2 cup of rubbing alcohol together in a bowl and then pour over fresh or dried coffee stains. Let sit for at least one hour, and then wash off immediately as normal.
4. For Tomato Sauce Stains
Mix 1/2 cup of vodka and 1/4 cup of rubbing alcohol together in a bowl. Then, add 1 tablespoon of dishwashing liquid to the mixture. Next, dab the stain with a paper towel dipped in the solution and then allow it to dry completely before laundering as usual.
5. For Cooking Oil Stains
Mix 1/2 cup of vinegar with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Then, dab onto oil stains with a paper towel and let sit for 10 minutes before laundering as usual.
6. For Orange Juice Stains
Mix 1/2 cup of vinegar and 1 teaspoon of salt. Rub the mixture onto the stained area then wash with cold water as usual.
How To Get Stain Out without Washing
Here are some easy ways to get the stain out without washing. The sooner you can treat stains, the better.
- For fresh stains, blot them with a cloth dipped in a solution of water and liquid detergent. Then apply a purchased stain remover or white vinegar and soak for an hour or more before laundering as usual; this works especially well for greasy stains. But don’t use a fabric softener or any detergent that contains bleach, as these can shrink the fibers.
- For dried stains, soak them in cold water but don’t wring or rub the stain. Scrub with a brush dipped in undiluted ammonia, purchased stain remover, or plain water; then allow the fabric to dry completely before laundering as usual. For tough stains, you can also try rubbing them with undiluted vinegar. When stuck-on spots are still wet, use a mixture of 50 percent vinegar and 50 percent water.
- For blood stains, apply a paste of rubbing alcohol, water, and table salt to the stain and let it dry before laundering as usual.
- For ink or dye stains, rub with a paste of baking soda and a few drops of water until the stain disappears. Then wash as usual.
Benefits Of Using Green And Eco-Friendly Methods To Remove Stains
1. It is much more cost-effective than purchasing expensive commercial stain removers at the store
2. It is healthier to use natural ingredients because they are free of potentially harmful chemicals
3. It is also a safer way to remove stains than using chemical-based products because you can be sure that these natural ingredients will not damage your skin or your clothes
4. It can save you money in the long run because you won’t have to constantly purchase expensive stain removers
5. You can use environmentally friendly cleaners, which will not only increase your quality of life but also maintain the condition of the earth and its resources
Since these products are homemade and do not contain all of the harmful chemicals that commercial cleaners contain they also do not come with any warnings as to their potentially detrimental effects on humans or pets.
Can Professional Laundry Cleaning Company Remove All Stains?
Usually, a professional laundry company is tasked with the task of removing tough stains from your laundry. However, sometimes these stains are so stubborn or difficult to remove that there is little that even the most advanced stain removal methods can do about them.
This is because the stain is too embedded in the fabric or it has become so ingrained into the fibers that even the most advanced stain removal methods cannot reach it.
To avoid this from happening, you can take a few precautions to make sure that your laundry does not have any stains in the first place. You can do this by making sure that you always clean up spills or messes as soon as possible.
Tips To Finding The Right Laundry Cleaning Company
You need to find a laundry cleaning company that has a good reputation and lots of experience. This will come in handy when looking for stain removal methods and services because the work that is done by employees is generally exceptional.
In addition, you will be able to trust them to do a good job because of their experience and specialization. Here are the things you need to keep in mind when searching for a laundry cleaning company.
- Get recommendations from friends, family, and co-workers
- Check the reviews of different companies on the Internet
- Ask for referrals from friends, family, and co-workers
- Verify any claims of great warranty offered
- Meet the representative of the company in person to establish trust and security
- Ask for references and call them
- Always ask to examine the work before paying.
- Check if they are licensed and registered to operate in your area.
- Check if they are insured and insured for your business and property.
- Check the trucks or vans of the company.
- Talk to the manager of the company to see if they can meet all of your needs, or if they will do a good job.
- Look for companies that are environmentally friendly and use non-toxic cleaning products to minimize the effect on the environment.
Homemade Stain Removal For Green Cleaning – Conclusion
As you can see, there are a lot of stain removal methods out there. However, what is most important is that you select the best ones for your situation. This guide has provided you with several great suggestions for stain removal methods which will surely come in handy for you. Hope the article has been helpful for you and leave your feedback in the comment section below.